Welcome to Injectable 101- Everything you need to know before getting an injection. Whether you’re new to injectables, a returning patient or just a curious person, we’re going to break down everything you need to know about injectable treatments! We understand that this industry can be intimidating, especially when it comes to product knowledge and understanding the treatments we offer. Here at Deux Rosé Beauty Refinery, we offer a wide variety of injectable treatments and products, so let’s dive into them!
Brands We Carry
At Deux Rosé Beauty Refinery, we only carry brands that we actually trust and believe in. With that being said, the injectable brands we carry are Allergan, Galderma and Merz. Each brand offers various injectable products (some similar, some not) so let’s dig a little deeper!
One type of injectable treatment we offer is neuromodulators (AKA neurotoxins or anti-wrinkle). We carry three neuromodulator products: Botox, Dysport and Xeomin.
- Botox: Botox is manufactured by Allergan. With Botox, this treatment typically lasts 4-6 months and will fully set in around 7-10 after your treatment. It is common that patients say they “feel heaviness” from the product due to the accessory proteins within the product itself. After awhile, we recommend switching anti-wrinkle products due to the fact that your body can build up a natural tolerance. A full Botox vial is 50 units.
- Dysport: Dysport is manufactured by Galderma. Similarly to Botox, Dysport typically lasts 4-6 months. Dysport will fully activate around 5-7 days after your initial treatment and patients typically say it feels “lighter” than Botox. It is also possible that patients can begin to build up a natural tolerance to Dysport as well! A full Dysport vial is 150 units.
- Xeomin: Xeomin is manufactured by Merz. Like our other anti-wrinkle products, Xeomin also lasts around 4-6 months. Xeomin will fully set in 7-10 days after your treatment and this is also the “lightest” of the neuromodulators! Xeomin is the “lightest” due to the fact that it is double-refined and does not contain any accessory proteins. A full Xeomin vial is 50 units.
Anti-wrinkle treatments are great for a variety of reasons, as it can treat many issues such as: furrowed brows, forehead lines, crow’s feet (wrinkles by the eyes), bunny lines (wrinkles beside the nose), uneven eyebrows & much more! If you suffer from hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating), anti-wrinkle can be used to treat that as well!
Per the state of Nevada, we are required to sell the entire vial to each patient, so we do not/cannot offer per unit services to our patients.
Another type of injectable treatment we offer is dermal fillers (AKA facial fillers). Facial fillers can be used for contouring and/or plumping and are often used in areas such as the lips, cheeks, under-eyes and more. At Deux Rosé, these are the dermal fillers we offer:
- Juvéderm: Juvéderm products are produced by Allergan. We carry a variety of Juvéderm fillers that can be used in various areas of the face, such as Juvéderm XC (lips & midface), Juvéderm Vollure (lips & midface), Juvéderm Volbella (lips) and Juvéderm Voluma (cheeks).
- Restylane: Restylane products are manufactured by Galderma. We also carry a variety of Restylane fillers that are used in different facial regions, such as Restylane Classic (under-eyes, midface & lips), Restylane Silk (lips), Restylane Defyne (midface & chin), Restylane Refyne (lips & under-eyes), Restylane Kysse (lips) and Restylane Lyft (cheeks, nose & jawline).
With dermal fillers, patients typically see results for around 6-8 months and sometimes longer as results may vary. Results vary depending on which areas were treated, which products you received, your metabolism, etc. We currently offer NEW packages so you can bundle your filler and anti-wrinkle treatments!
Biostimulants are products used in areas where traditional dermal fillers are not applied. Biostimulants help replace volume that has been lost and/or help sculpt and contour your face by naturally inducing collagen production where placed. We carry two types of biostimulants:
- Radiesse: Radiesse is produced by Merz. Radiesse is both a dermal filler and a biostimulant, meaning it can be used for both volume and contour. The gel filler portion provides instant results while the biostimulant portion provides “scaffolding” for the body to build collagen. Radiesse is commonly used in areas like the jawline!
- Sculptra: Sculptra is produced by Galderma. Unlike Radiesse, Sculptra is entirely a biostimulant and results are not instant. Instead, patients we see results in 3-4 months as your body absorbs the product and begins to produce collagen in the areas it was placed. Sculptra is reconstituted with saline and lidocaine, and then injected into the patient. Within the next 24-48 hours, the patient’s body will absorb the saline and the biostimulating crystals will start promoting collagen production. Sculptra is commonly used in areas like the temples, midface and cheeks. Patients may also need multiple rounds to get the results they are seeking!
When it comes to biostimulants, it is important that these products are never placed around the eyes or mouth, so choose your injector wisely! Biostimulants are a great option for patients looking to treat their volume loss, but we always require a consultation first. To book your consultation, you can click here or give our office a call at 702-683-2831.
We also offer an injectable treatment that allows you to reduce or dissolve your double chin! The product used for this treatment is Kybella, which is manufactured by Allergan. Kybella is an FDA approved treatment that destroys fat cells and is an alternative to surgical treatments with comparable results.
The most common area to inject Kybella is the “double chin” area; however, Kybella can treat other areas with stubborn fat like the lower tummy, inner thighs and arms. Kybella destroys the targeted fat cells permanently, but it is common for patients to need more than one treatment. If you are taking serious medications, consult with your physician before getting this injection. Women who are pregnant or nursing should also not receive this treatment as well as those with infections or bleeding problems
Patient education is one of our top priorities at Deux Rosé Beauty Refinery! We want each patient to feel comfortable and knowledgable about the treatments and products they’ll be receiving, so always feel free to ask your injector any questions you might have. If you’re ready to begin (or continue!) your injectable journey with us, you can click here to book your appointment or give our front desk a call at 702-683-2831. Come refine your beauty with us at Deux Rosé Beauty Refinery!